Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cupid and Grizzly Peak

Adventure beckoned. The mountains of Colorado! I had one partial day to climb, so I decided to head up into the Loveland Pass area to explore. With terrible winds and a looming storm, my hopes of climbing a few 14ers was dashed; however, I was able to summit two 13ers: Cupid (13,117) and Grizzly Peak (13,427). It was a glorious and keenly spiritual adventure!     
 
Gearing up for the climb into the mountains of Colorado.
 
 


Cupid as seen from Grizzly Peak

Summit of Grizzly Peak. The winds were cold and ferocious.


Cupid as seen from summit of Grizzly Peak.




Grizzly Peak as seen from route back up Cupid.


Nearing the summit again of Cupid Peak.

The winds were ferocious all day long!

Summit of Cupid. I come in peace.  




 



My wife caught a picture of me near the end of the climb.



Downtown Denver, CO as seen from our rental car.